Friday, March 23, 2012

A Christian Dance Poem entitled "Guidance"

G U I D A N C E
Author Unknown

When I meditated on the word
GUIDANCE, I kept seeing "dance" at the
end of the word. I remember
reading that doing God's will is a lot
like dancing. When two people
try to lead, nothing feels right. The
movement doesn't flow with
the music, and everything is quite
uncomfortable and jerky.

When one person realizes and
lets the other lead, both bodies begin
to flow with the music.
One gives gentle cues, perhaps with a nudge
to the back or by pressing
lightly in one direction or another. It's
as if two become one body,
moving beautifully. The dance takes
surrender, willingness, and
attentiveness from one person and gentle
guidance and skill from the other.

My eyes drew back to the word
GUIDANCE. When I saw "G," I thought of
God, followed by "u" and "i."
"God, "u" and "i" "dance." God, you,
and I dance! This
statement is what guidance means to me.

As I lowered my head, I
became willing to trust that I would get
guidance about my life. Once
again, I became willing to let God lead.

My prayer for you today is
that God's blessings and mercies be upon
you and your family on this
day and everyday. May you abide in Him
as He abides in you.
Dance together with God, trusting Him to lead
and to guide you through each
season of your life.

I hope you dance!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment